There and back again... A triathlete's "holiday"
I know it’s been a long time since the last post, but sometimes life/new job/training/and being a “gangsta” gets in the way. I will not summarize everything that has past since the middle of July but a brief bullet point list:
|View from my morning ride|
· Moved to Phoenix and love it. New place is awesome with plenty of room for the trainer.
· Started my new job teaching middle school English and love it
· Training revved up then got rocky. I got sick (thanks to my wonderful students—a hazard the job), had to miss a few days here and there but overall not bad given the situation
· Went to Vegas to “rock the W” but had to drop out at mile three of the run because of an exercise induced asthma attack—shit happens nothing I can do about it now but learn from it. To paraphrase Alfred, “Why do we fall off the horse, Master Wayne?” “I Don’t know, Alfred” “So that we can get up and [swim/bike/run] again”
· Back in Phoenix now
· Making massive changes in my nutrition (<--more on that to come)
· Enjoying my off season by doing whatever I want without a Garmin, going to yoga, sleeping in, getting a tattoo (don't tell my mom)
· Right about to hop back into “preseason” training next week in a mini build to “Ironbaby” a self-supported Ironman in College Station, TX put on by Coach Bret (@ZenTri) on October 20th. Whether I will be able to complete it given my lack of training since Vegas. I am not sure but I am going to sure as hell try.
· Planning for next year (<---more on that to come)
So that’s pretty much it in a cracked, organic nut shell. More to come so stay posted!